The main features of this Denneroll Thoracic Orthotic include:
• Contoured thoracic elliptical shape after the CBP evidence based Elliptical model.
• Comfortable and slightly compressible peak to allow for patient tolerance with a firm base for support.
• Note that changing the apex of the Thoracic spine contact with the peak of the Thoracic Denneroll allows customized fit to the individual patient’s needs and their spine.
• Extremely portable, effective, and user friendly.
The recommended types of patient cases and presentation for this orthotic system include (for more information –DOCTORS ONLY– please email us and ask for the user instruction guide):
• Allows for specificity in correcting an increased lower, mid, or upper thoracic kyphosis,
• Anterior head posture greater than 25mm (approximately),
• Rounded-protracted shoulder girdle and scapular region. The size of the denneroll allows for support while simultaneously being narrow enough to allow the scapula to retract over the unit,
• The addition of different sizes of the support block under the Thoracic Denneroll allow correction of internal flexion-extension of the ribcage while simultaneously reducing kyphosis.
Thoracic Denneroll Figures and Possible Uses to Aid User Understanding.
Figure 1. Thoracic Denneroll sitting centered on top of the Thoracic Support Block. The taper of the Denneroll and design was cut from the CBP evidence based Thoracic Kyphosis Elliptical model.
Figure 2. Thoracic Denneroll turned around so the peak contacts the lower thoracic spine (T10) while the tapered end supports the mid thoracic region. This setup is for hyper-kyphosis in the T9-T12 region with upper thoracic flexion relative to the lower.
Figure 3. Thoracic Denneroll placed in the mid thoracic spine (T6-T7). This setup is for mid-thoracic hyper-kyphosis with T1-anterior to T12—or upper thoracic flexion relative to the lowers.
Figure 4. Thoracic Denneroll sitting centered on top of the small 20mm block in the Thoracic Support Block System. This setup assist correction of mild posterior thoracic translation postures with upper thoracic kyphosis and anterior head translation.
Figure 5. Thoracic Denneroll sitting centred on top of the Thoracic Support Block. This setup assist correction of moderate-severe posterior thoracic translation postures with upper thoracic hyper-kyphosis and anterior head translation.This is for deformities where the T1 vertebra is posterior to T12.
THE DENNEROLL IS TO BE USED ONLY UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF
YOUR SPINAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL.
When lying on the Denneroll, it is best to keep your legs flat for the most effect on the thoracic spine.
WARNING: Certain conditions can contribute to increased risk of injury during cervical extension traction. If you experience any unusual symptoms including, but not limited to; increased pain, dizziness, headache, nausea, numbness, visual disturbances, muscle weakness, loss of coordination or function, please consult your spinal health professional before further use.
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW INDIVIDUAL THORACIC PRODUCTS